Fat is annoying, stubborn and manages to stick to the most important areas of our body and refuse to leave, regardless of what we do to get rid of it. One such annoying place is our upper body, where the fat bulges up and ultimately ends up in giving us a hideous bra bulge.
What can we do to get our well shaped backs back? We can start with a process of eliminating one very popular myth. Spot reduction, is a lie. No such thing exists. What we need to be exerting our energy on is reducing fat overall – and sculpting the back muscles with exercise.
The ten exercises, together with a health conscious diet can set you on a highway to getting rid of that hideous back fat, helping you get your sexy back!
Back-Intensive Cardio Exercise
Cardio is a cure for burning all types of fat! It helps burn excess calories, encourages fat loss, and even helps keep your heart healthy. Exercises that work your back like rowing, boxing or even swimming will go a long way, even the frequency is just twice a week.
Spend a day and fit a pull up bar in your home. Within a very short time, your sexy back will be a reality with a lot of functional strength as well.
Start the process with negative pull ups.
- Start with your palms facing outwards at the top of the movement.
- Slowly lower yourself in a controlled motion.
- Reset to the top of the movement and repeat 5-10 times.
Once you are strong enough, go for full pull ups.
- Starting from the bottom of the movement.
- Pulling up with your back, shoulders, and arms.
- Lower yourself in a controlled manner and repeat 5-10 times.
Improve your overall posture as well as make your back and core stronger with TYIs
Lay face down on a flat surface
- Engage your back muscles and lift your chest up.
- Move your arms up to form a “T”.
- Slowly move them into a “Y”.
- Slowly move them into an “I”.
- Repeat 5-12 times.
Once this starts to feel like childs play, graduate by adding a pair of dumbbells.
The wonder move, push ups help you get that toned stremlined back while strengthening your chest.
Step one is modified push upd from your knee.
- Slowly lower your chest to the ground, focus on engaging your back muscles.
- Push back up to the top position.
- Repeat for 10-20 repetitions.
When you are comfortable performing 20 reps without too much fuss, you are ready to move to the normal push ups from your feet with straight legs.
Get a well shaped bum while working your back muscles with bridges.
- Start by lying on your back.
- Bring your knees up to a 90-degree angle.
- With your feet flat on the floor, lift your buttocks up until your back is in a straight line.
- Hold this position for 10-15 seconds, then slowly lower yourself to the ground.
- Repeat this movement 10-20 times before completing a set.
Atoned back with six packs? Planks are the answer to your prayers.
- Start with your arms straight towards the floor.
- Lift and hold your body as straight as possible.
- Hold this position for 15-60 seconds then rest.
- Perform this static hold 3 times in total.
Dumbbells arent just for arm muscles! These back toning movements can give you a sexy back in no time.
- Place one of your knees on a study bench or similar object and hold your dumbbell in the opposite hand.
- Keeping your back as level as possible, pull the dumbbell to your armpit in a straight rowing motion.
- Slowly lower the weight back down but don’t fully lock your arm out.
- Once you have completed a set of 8-12, switch to the other arm and knee and repeat.
We all used to love the rhymes that went with jump ropes, and this childhood past time is also a fantastic back toning exercise. Its popularly used by boxers, working your shoulders and your back for a lean and mean physique.
All it takes is a 15 minute jump rope session 2-3 times a week. The more you sweat, the more fat you burn.
Resistance Band Rowing
One of the most flexible fitness tools you’ll find anywhere are resistance bands. Use a simple rowing motion which will help work your back and shoulders.
A 10-20 minute rowing session with differing intensities will give you a lean mean and slim back in no time.
Did you know that standing on your head is a great workout not just for your back but also for your shoulders and core? A wall assisted handstand will take the strain of balancing from your back, giving you more room to focus on your back and shoulders.
- Start by “rolling in” to a suitable wall and walking up your feet.
- Make sure you support your head and neck by pushing off the floor with your hands.
- Hold this stable position for as long as you can before lowering pushing off the wall.
- As your strength allows, press through your hands and shoulders to raise and lower yourself slightly.
The last word:
These workouts need to be combined with clean eating and shutting off calories. Make sure that you take in lesser than what you burn from your regime. Your overall physique, along with your back has a lot to gain from clean eating.